“The new fully integrated amplifier from Sonneteer adds a few kilometres per hour to Mozart’s Don Giovanni. Apparently in a Ferrari....the music in my collection appears fresh and more alive than I have known it so far… Everything appears clearer and more spatially defined. All in all, Mozart’s Don Giovanni fits better in a Ferrari.” Translated from Audio Swiss, Magazine.
Now in its mark 3 (mkIII) incarnation, the Orton is the natural inheritor of the Sonneteer amplifier greats, the Campion and Alabaster, and inherits all their charms as well as developing some wonderful characterstics of its own. Several years in development, the Sonneteer Orton is the culmination of the experience gained since the launch of the first Campion amplifier in 1994.
The Sonneteer Orton adopts a Dual mono power supply configuration which means each audio channel has its own, independent power source to maximise the purity of and control over the sound signal. On top of all of this the Orton has a separate power supply for all its control circuitry minimising its affect on the sound making part of the circuitry further ensuring the purity of all music that passes through it.
A fully integrated, dual mono, hifi separates' amplifier in the true purist tradition of esoteric, British high fidelity the Sonneteer Orton sits at the heart of the music system. Plug your music source in be it a Sonneteer CD player, music streamer, record player* or even iPod doc and enjoy the music through your loudspeakers**.
- Dual mono amplifier configuration including three separate power supplies, for optimum sound purity.
- 6 x 500 or 250mV @ 10k programmable inputs
- 1 x Pre-out (varialble), 1 x line level output (fixed).
- 33 watts per channel into 8 ohms at 1KHz with 320 VA or residual power.
- Solid Steel and Aluminium, low resonance chassis
- Full range, motorised, volume control with exceptional left to right channel tracking (balance) at low volume levels as well as high.
- IR sensors on the front and rear for remote control and multi room control applications.
- 12V DC output switch to control external components.
Sonneteer separates are built to order and are available in a range of 12 colour, face plate, options. The 'Classic' Sonneteer Silver and Storm black are standard stocked options. All other colours are made to special order and at a premium.